Well that's a matter of personal opinion. I happen to not like JAWS because of how it monopolizes the keyboard, not to mention a whole host of other issues I could spend all day listing if I so chose but won't. I just happen to like how you can if necessarily leave Window-Eyes running while playing a game and not have it interfere with it. He who is valiant and pure of spirit may find the holy grail in the castle of aaaaggh. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Muhammed Deniz" <muhamme...@googlemail.com>
To: "'Gamers Discussion list'" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 9:38 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] problem with horse racing

Jaws is cool!

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Bryan Peterson
Sent: 21 April 2010 05:03
To: Gamers Discussion list

That's one thing I like about Window-Eyes. It can still be running when a
game is in progress because it doesn't monopolize the keyboard the way JFW
does. And you don't even have to modify either the game or the screen reader for this to work the way you often do with JAWS. I used to unload my screen reader out of habit even after switching to WE. Then one afternoon I went to
play a game of Classic Pipe and for whatever reason I forgot to unload
Window-Eyes. I wasn't even aware of this until after I'd quit the game.
Window-Eyes neither spoke nor caused any key conflicts. If I'd tried that
with JAWS I'd have been lucky to pass the first level. And if someone
messages me I can switch over and reply without disrupting the game, not
that I make a habit of that.