From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of dark
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 6:27 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients Beta 12 Released

Well tom, it depends upon how extensive you want this option to be.

a training mode as in shades where the monsters don't move which finishes
after the first level,. seems a different idea from say having certain help
features and difficulty level tweaks in the main game, sinse obviously you
couldn't be allowd to play through the entire game with unmoving monsters
and obviously announced traps.

I do like the idea of beginner or easy having changes in gameplay though as
I said, sinse mastering the game without those changes provides extra
challenge at higher levels.

so for instance on beginner you could get double amo pick up from packs (not

unlimited that'd be a cheat, just more plentiful amo so you can work out
weapon range), announcements of all traps and gaps, and infinite burning
torches.

On easy, you go back to normal amounts of amo and normal torch use, but keep

the trap warnings.

Intermediate you lose the trap warnings accept for firepits.

Expert you get no warnings and need to do everything by sound.

a setup something like that would hopefully have the desired effect, and
insure that there was a range of difficulty levels which players could go
through progressively.

Beware the Grue!

Dark.climb,