Hi Louis,
Well, while there haven't really been many accessible games that are
truly a Space Invader clone, per say,  many of the arcade style games
out there like Aliens in the Outback, Troopenum, and Dark Destroyer
are close enough to the SpaceInvader idea/concept that they are
classified as Space Invader clones. Personally, I'd rather a developer
stay clear of the arcade shoot-m-up type games were you have to shoot
down spaceships, planes, helicopters, whatever as they fall out of the
sky. In my opinion weather we are talking Aliens in the Outback or
Judgment Day there are already too many games of this type on the VI
market. There are plenty of other arcade games out there like
centipede,  Zaxxon, Time Pilot, Donkey Kong, etc that haven't ever
been tried in audio yet. So if you are thinking of going the classic
arcade route try something that hasn't been done before.

HTH