hmmm, funnily when you said "do they relate to the craft" my first thought was to do with wizardry ;D.

To answer your question though, space invaders clones refers to any game based upon the concept of the early 1980's arcade (and later atari), game space invaders, in which you have a gun, and must move left or right to shoot down descending spaceships before they land and end the game.

Of course, it doesn't particularly matter accept for aesthetic reasons that the enemies are alien spaceships, ---- they may well be copters and planes as in judgement day, or a psycho cyborg as in copter man.The point is the game mechanic of going left and right and shooting (often while dodging enemy fire).

There have been a number of audio remakes of this game, --- judgement day, troopanum, dark destroyer etc, hence the discussion of it.

imho we really! don't need another game of this type.

Beware the grue!