You actually used to be able to do that in version 1.0, and that's why it was amped up so much. People would just blow it up and then go on about their business.
We are the Knights who say...Ni!
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2010 12:26 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] SOD

Hi tom I actually thought I could destroy it with a mine if I got very close to it, dropped a mine then used my transport pad to get away, but it didn't work. :( ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com> To: "Charles Rivard" <woofer...@sbcglobal.net>; "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2010 7:20 PM

Hi Charles,
As far as I know there isn't a section in the manual that describes
each monster, item, and so on in detail. I just happen to know what a
temperal disturbance is because of my many years reading science
fiction books and watching science fiction television shows like Star
Trek. I imagine the unfamiliarity people have with the temperal
disturbance is that a lot of the gamers here just aren't well versed
in science fiction concepts.
As to why the temperal disturbance moves around I have no idea why it
does that.  Although, I imagine it has to do with the fact it makes it
more challenging.  If this were a science fiction book or television
show locking it in a room wouldn't work because it would simply pass
through what ever surface was in the way transporting it to another
time and place.

I'm not to that level yet, but I picture a rip in the time/space continuum as being like a rip in a sheet, which would be stationary. So how would you be able to lock it in a room, and why would it be chasing you around? Or,
am I asking too much for a gamer who hasn't encountered it for the first
time yet?  If so, don't answer.  Come to think of it, I haven't read the
manual in quite some time. Is there a section that describes the monsters and difficulties? Not necessarily how to defeat them, but a description of
them, as in this example?  Thanks.
---
In God we trust.