Hi Alfredo,
Yes, Mysteries of the Ancients and MOTA are one in the same. MOTA is
just a shorthand version of the name. The same way people shorten the
Central Inteligence Agency to CIA or the Federal Bureau of
Investigations to FBI.  It is just easier to shorten names into
something easier to type when writing long e-mails or discussing
something at length. Everybody does that whenever possible unless they
are fanatical about spelling everything out word for word.

Smile.