I keep JAWS set at 45 percent, and at times have received an unwanted spoilage. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2010 8:32 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] [audyssey] Spoilers

Hi Charles,
Um...Good point. I hadn't thought about that, but I do know of several
V.I. computer users that have Jaws or Window--Eyes cranked up to 450
to 500 words a minute. Double the average sighted reading rate, and I
admit when going through lots of mail I also usually crank speech rate
up to get through it faster. That's fine, but it isn't easy to stop
fast enough if the spoiler warning was short and sweet.

Some people have their screen readers set to read at such a fast pace that
they may not be able to silence the reading before the spoiler is given
after a very short warning. I like to put a bit more of a warning there to
give them time to silence speech if they don't want the spoiler to spoil
their fun.