Hi Dark,
Very true. A lot of open source projects have been stopped in their
tracks for that very reason. Simply that licensing something like mp3
rights would cost the developer x amount of money out of pocket and
therefore is incompatible with a free and open source product.  Same
goes for sounds and music. If you buy it the purchase of the license
would come out of the developer's pocket, and the distribution of the
same isn't compatible with an open source type license either.
However, that's not really what I was getting at in my prier post. I
merely wanted to point out that several commercial products suchas
screen readers, office programs, e-mail clients, web browsers, etc
have been duplicated by open source developers and in many cases are
just as good as their commercial counterparts. That gives those on a
fixed income something else to consider before buying a commercial
product or pirating it. That has to hurt the companies on some level
as it is hard to justify paying $450 for Microsoft Office when Open
Office is free, and  in many cases works just as well I haven't used
the Windows version of Open Office much since it has accessibility
issues that need to be addressed, but the version for Linux works fine
with Orca.
.