Hi Hayden,
Well, given that this will be the first accessible 3d type game of its
kind and that some people would like some continuity between the two
versions I've elected to keep the levels more or less the same, but in
the 3d version the rooms will be in 3d instead of 2d. Fortunately or
unfortunately, depending on how you see it, that means the levels
won't be very mazelike since the rooms will have a slightly
side-scroller feel to them with one long level with rooms aligned on a
north/south axis. That means all of the rooms will be in a row with
some above and below you like in the side-scroller. However, future
games in the series won't have this restriction as I'll be more free
to experiment with more complex layouts and try my hand at something a
bit different.
Anyway, when I release it to the public you guys can try it and let me
know what you think. If you think it is too simple, to complicated,
whatever. This is basicly an experimental project to test the full 3d
features of the Genesis Engine and introduce some of the ideas to the
VI community without hitting them with a massively huge maze with all
kinds of complicated twists and turns. That's the quickest way to turn
someone off on a new concept, and frustrate someone who maybe is
trying a 3d fps game for the first time.

Smile.