Hi list.  I have a few questions regarding the realistic possibilities of
incorporating accessibility within a graphical game...and I'm  hoping some list
members would be able to offer their advice.  I have a sighted programmer
friend who has taken an interest in how I would go about playing a game...and
we got onto the subject of how accessibility could be built into a visual game.

Anyway, if anyone could answer some basic questions below, I'd really
appreciate it, as this would firstly clear up "non possible" avenues and
secondly, give us the possible avenues to play with.  At this point, can I just
say, if it is possible to do this, a very simple graphical game would be on the
table for an experiment, probably self voicing and web-based, but could be
client based.

1. What is the best combination for accessibility within a visual environment.
E.g, Java (graphics) and self-voicing? Flash (graphics) and self-voicing? Java
(graphics) and a client TTS based program? etc...
2. Would 1 approach be more difficult than another? E.g, screenreader over
self-voicing?
3. Are there any examples of such a graphical game which offer a good gaming
experience to both the blind and sighted, which incorporate audio accessibility?

Hopefully you understand what I'm asking.  In a nutshell, the blind have no
need for graphics and the sighted need graphics, so I'm guessing there hasn't
been a great need to marry the two...but is it possible and what road would we
go down to make it possible.
Many thanks, have a great day, cheers Steve.

Visit: www.crustysocks.com
Contact me:
Skype: steve-chase
MSN: stevesa...@hotmail.com