, terraformers is a very nicely put together game, albeit that it's length and style of puzles make it closer to an extended tech demo (find my comments on the terraformers homepage).

One reason why i reguard the game as so easy is that each zone is layed out precisely the same way, like a doughnut with a computer station at the north and south end and a computer part at the east and west, with some kind of challenge which is repeated so that you get it whether you go round clock wise or anticlockwise. Thus, there is a set of three tone wheels before the glass bridge on the west side, and another set afterwards on the north west edge before you get to the north end of the mines, ---- check your coordinates and room descriptions and you'll see what I mean.

I did rather hope that the people at pin interactive would use the game engine to have someting more complex and mazelike, which felt less of a demonstration and more of a game. They did say they were working on a new business model, ---- but that was in 2008, so what may be happening with future plans i don't know.

Beware the Grue!

dark.