Hi Damien,
Alot of it comes down to memorization and having a sighted person play
with you for a while until you learn the game well enough to play on
your own. Certainly it goes without saying that there are some styles
of games easier to play than others. For example, the fighting games
like Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, etc are easier to play than most
other mainstream games. Some sports games such as WWE Smackdown VS Raw
are also pretty easy to learn and play on your own. Other games
require some vision or some sighted help to getthrough certain parts
of the game. iguess it depends on what you are looking for here.

Cheers!