Since Tom just covered most o what I was oging to say, I'l just add to it a bit.

Preference is the main factor whn it comes to games. Do you like action? Because if you like action there's many many games that are playable. However, if you're looking for something more lke adventure and puzzle, yu're out of luck, unless you have sighted assistance. Figting games seemto be te most popular, and side-scrolers especially are easy if they aren't heavy platformers. Modern games are sometimes easier to play due to the greater amount of audio present. Good consoles in my opinion are anything from sony, and the xbox360... those have the most playable games. Although the wi has some good ones, it primarily deals in puzzle and more visual games... so I thnk it would be harder.

HTH
Clement.
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, August 06, 2010 10:34 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Mainstream gaming

Hi Damien,
Alot of it comes down to memorization and having a sighted person play
with you for a while until you learn the game well enough to play on
your own. Certainly it goes without saying that there are some styles
of games easier to play than others. For example, the fighting games
like Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, etc are easier to play than most
other mainstream games. Some sports games such as WWE Smackdown VS Raw
are also pretty easy to learn and play on your own. Other games
require some vision or some sighted help to getthrough certain parts
of the game. iguess it depends on what you are looking for here.

Cheers!