In cases like this, I would only pay attention to bug reports from beta testers, and send a blanket Email to lists that have such impatient members who downloaded what they should not download, saying that problems are their own problems because they did not get any notification that a new release is ready for download, or something to that effect. I think that everyone who is impatient, remember this: Pioneers are the first to be located by arrows.

I have been unfortunately without Internet service for the last few days, and am just getting caught up on Emails that have been piling up. I do not do mass deletions in case something important would be missed, so it might take a while to get caught up. Hopefully, by the time I get caught up, there will be an officially announced and released public beta to work on for those who are willing to wait.

---
Shepherds are the best beasts!
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, October 01, 2010 10:50 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] mota beta 14!

Hi Bryan,
Smile. Yes, that is always a good idea. Even though a setup file might
be in the public downloads area doesn't mean it is official until I
say it is so. In this particular case especially so since beta 14 is
using an all new game engine. I've worked hard the last two weeks
debugging it and am still finding bugs.   That's actually  what
happened today.
I recompiled the source, made a setup package for mota, started
uploading it,  and then began to make a Linux tarball. I tested the
Linux version when out of the blue I found another handful of bugs I
hadn't noticed before. I didn't know if they were Linux specific or
not so I tested the Windows release and found some of the bugs showed
up there as well. Naturally I began working on those bugs, and I hope
to have a fixed more stable version by Monday or tuesday. So those
like Hayri who downloaded the one I posted today are getting
essentially a busted release  all because they rushed to get it before
I made an announcement. That doesn't make me very happy as I could run
into bug reports and complaints from unsuspecting people who didn't
know the situation before hand.