Hi Hayden,
Well, personally I do notice some reduction in quality. It is very
slight, but it takes some of the pitch out of the sounds, and it isn't
quite as sharp/clear as a *.wav file. I suppose the fact I am a
musician, am use to listening to tone and pitch, something like that
is more apparent to me than a lay person.
At any rate it isn't just audio quality. I also decided to go with
*.wav files for the simple fact if I use any type of compression
weather it be ogg, wma, wav, or xwma, whatever your program has to
decompress all those files during runtime, such as when loading a new
level, and therefore it is slower in loading the game levels, loading
voice messages, whatever. It isn't too noticable on a new duel core
system, but on an older  1 GHZ system, i happen to have laying around,
it took quite a long time to decompress those sounds in real time.