Then again, if size isn't a problem for most people, why even zip it? If you don't, that's just one less installation step.

---
Shepherds are the best beasts!
----- Original Message ----- From: <Zachary Kline>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2010 5:56 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] mota download size

Hi Thomas,
I suggest bzip2, or apparently xz.  gzip's compression ratios aren't
all that great.
Hope this helps,
Zack.

On Mon, Oct 04, 2010 at 06:53:28PM -0400, Thomas Ward wrote:
Hi Jim,
Smile. That's all? That's pretty small potatoes compared to the
current release of Mysteries of the Ancients. Beta 14 is almost 350 MB
fully installed and even compressed using Inno Setup it is around 170
MB. The Linux setup looks like it will be around 250 MB because tar
doesn't appear to have that high of compression. I'll probably have to
see if I can find a better Linux compression format like bz2 and see
if I can shrink that 250 down to something a bit smaller.

> Hi Phil,
>
> In my temporary spanker folder the 118 wave files, the 1 little text > file, a > tiny batch file and the spanker executable file add up to 2,401,704 > bytes. > When zipped they equal 1,703,313 bytes. And then making that zip file > into
> a self extracting zip file makes it1,765,376 bytes.
>
> BFN

If I love you, what business is it of yours?