HiCharles,
I doubt it. The only call the main loop makes to the graphics engine
is the Display() method that just redraws or refreshes the state of
the window once and a while. As I think this line of the code is the
one causing the crash I've removed it from the main loop. Since we are
dealing with a static empty window we don't need to constantly refresh
the screen anyway. However, I've played a couple of games and with or
without the engine refreshing the screen I haven't noticed any change
in performance for better or for worse.