Hi,
It isn't the window itself that is causing the game to blue screenon
exit. From what I've been able to discover thus far it looks like the
call to
sf::Window::Display()
which is used to update the display is what is actually crashing the
game. Since we don't need to refresh the display I've now removed it
from the main loop. I hope that by removing it the game will no longer
crash on exit. We should know soon as I'm going to give the patch to a
couple of private testers for testing.
As for using something generic sf::Window is as pretty generic as they
come, and we need it for keyboard, mouse, and joystick input anyway.
Without that library being initialized and used we don't have any
input system.

Cheers!