hmmm no idea try unlinking then uninstalling and reinstalling the latest client. failing that make a shortcut to my dropbox, I have had a simular issue, during setup after a reformat and crash early this year the tech spelled my name wrong in the user account system I could change things but it requires me changing folder locations. The my docs folder doesn't exist or work so I made a shortcut to the folder instead.
Its actually faster for that to so.