Here here.

Developers should listen to fans to a certain extent is what I think. For minor things like little gameplay tweeks, small-scale feature suggestions... but on the larger scale like difficulty, the developer should totally do things his own way. I think this is why a lot of mainstream devs generally don't talk to fans in public... they just scan forums and see what people say and put it in the suggestion box. But I agree. Mota should be done the way you want it to be, and the rest of us can either suck it up or find another game. I personally love everything about Mota, difficulty included even if it means dying over and over again on high levels of difficulty. But what good game doesn't cost you time and experience? If capcom were to listen to everything their fans said about how Street Fighter should be, I'd hate to see the mess that SF would become... *cringes* especially about how all the noobs like to whine about how they lose befcause such a player keeps comboing them... and these are the same people who use the same bloody tactics over and over again and just don't want to learn the deeper side of things.