Hi Hayden,

Well, the main reason is that doc strings is the official and standard
way to document classes, functions, methods, and modules in Python. I
personally like using the single line number sign to document things
for myself, but if you are going to generate API docs etc you need a
doc string. Since it is the official way of doing things in Python and
this is for the general public I figured I should stick with official
standards here.