Actually Tom, when I was 7 (very much at just the time before I lost most of my vision), we got a compilation of the three starwars games for our old amstrad cpc computer, ---- same era and style as the c64 or zx spectrom.

Things in that were pretty cool and the graphics were recognizable, I especially loved the starwars Yavin battle.

My best friend and I used to play the games while pretending to be Luke skywalker and Han solo, ---- which was pretty good fun at the time.

Unfortunately, the collection broke a couple of weeks after we got it. The shop we bought it from couldn't replace it, ---- though sinse one of the games they replaced it with was ghouls n ghosts, I tsuppose things weren't all bad ;D.

Beware the Grue!