Hi Cara,

My idea was originally to have an array of pointers to objects defining the
characteristics of the object at that
location. I also thought to have e.g. one wall object andd a lot of pointers to
that one object in the array locations
where the wall should be.
That said, I think you've just convinced me to use the 3d coordination system
with collision detection. :-)
One thing I still have to figure out though, is how to handle something like an
explosion. In the array system I
would've just remove all the pointers along a specific radius. May be one way
is to give every shape in 3d space a
sub-object (another shape) specifying where it's damaged. So you would have a
rectangle-like object representing a wall,
with a circular shape specifying where a mine/projectile struck.
Is there a better way of doing this?

Take care,

Rynhardt

* Cara Quinn <caraqu...@draconisentertainment.com> [101207 23:56]: