Rynhardt;

That's actually a way I was thinking of, myself, to accomplish this. I
personally haven't been working with destructible maps, but it's something that
I really want to do. -And had just been toying with the idea of doing exactly
what you just suggested.

I.E. place an object in an area of a wall which would create an opening there,
like a door or such. In essence, the type of collision detection you'd then do
on that new special object, would in effect, be a negative collision detection.
-Know what I mean? If your player is then completely touching the object, or in
other words, passing through it, then the player would be allowed to pass into
the next room or area of the map. -Does this make sense?…

Another alternative, would be if you're using an array of integers to represent
a map, like we've been discussing, you could then simply set all the points in
a particular radius to a value representing air.

These are the ways I'd consider doing this at present… Hope this helps…

Smiles,

Cara :)