Hi Cara,

Couldn't agree with you more. The mouse is so much smoother, graceful,
and precise in real time simulations that I find it hard to believe
that many VI gamers outright refuse to try one let alone except the
fact keyboards are just not that good as a gaming device when it comes
to this type of game. There are times when a different and more
specific gaming device becomes an important part of a gamers
accessories.

For example, a couple of years ago I got Rail Racer from Blind
Adrenaline. Now, anyone who has played that game knows trying to get
good lap times etc with a keyboard is next to impossible. You just
can't take the turns quite right or lean properly because the keyboard
is to slow and clunky to put a not too fine point on it. However, not
long after I got RR I got a USB Logitec racing wheel. The minute I
hooked that baby up, started RR, I shaved 5 seconds off my lap times
just in the first try. After a little practice I shaved more than two
seconds off that lap time etc. The fact was that a racing wheel ggave
me more control over the racer and could do precision turns and lean
properly in that particular game. Therefore the racing wheel became a
necessary investment in order to improve my over all performance with
the game.Had Che followed the advice or complaints of the
anti-joystick and anti-mouse group the game wouldn't been half as
challenging or enjoyable because I'd have to contend with a clunky
input device that simply can not and will not give precision turns and
leans like that.

Once again, we are facing just that kind of fundimental issue. I don't
know if it is the fact many blind gamers are afraid of using a mouse
or joystick because of possible access issues, or they just don't like
the idea of spending money to obtain a new input device. Perhaps it
could be a combonation of both. Whatever the reason they need to
realise their stubern resistance to change is holding them and us as a
group back from experiencing more complex gaming and more natural
human interfaces that translate real world concepts like sword
fighting into practical and realistic gaming moves.

Smile.