I've been wondering if the online registration couldn't be the more secure option if you were paranoid.

1. The system would require an account creation which would mean a user name and password. A. Creating an account would be required from within a web browser. Account creation would ask for user name, password, email, telephone number, and information used to charge the customer for the product.
B. Email verification would be required. Just reply to the email received.
C. Account creation would be automatic, the money charge would be completed upon account creation. 2. The program itself would run in restricted mode without user name or password having been given when the program was launched. Similar to GMA Games. 3. If the user typed in the user name, pressed tab, typed the password, pressed enter when the program was first launched, the program would check if the account was valid and if there were any more allowed registrations in the event that there were a limit. If both checks returned positive the program would:
A. unlock the full functionality
B. If registration limits were imposed, remove one allowed registration.
c. Call a function on the central server which would Send both the account holder and the game creator an email notifying that the program had been registered on a new machine. The email sent to the account holder would inform that person that they must reply to the email within 24 hours verifying that the registration had been legitimate. 4. If the notification email sent to the account holder did not receive a reply within 24 hours, the unlock would be reverted back to demo next time the program connected to the server. 5. Given condition number 4, the program would always quietly attempt to contact the server when it was launched. The way to crack this in the most simple way would be to: A. Have the person who gave you the user name and password reply to their email to verify your legality in registering your copy of the program, or, b. have the person give you the user name and password, then never be online while starting the program. 6. In an attempt to vix the problems addressed in number 5, have the program lock itself if it were unable to contact the server in two subsequent launches maybe? 7. Additionally, the game creator would be able to access the user profile, seeing their user name, email address and telephone number. The developer could revoke one or all registrations. The revoke would only work when the person happened to be online as they started the program.

Ok. It's an overly dramatic, complicated sounding deviation from option 3 in your orriginal list of suggestions. Additionally, I soundly doubt that as a programmer I would have the patience to handle the coding and server side developing required to facilitate such a setup. Aside from that, it sounds like an almost simple, easy way to go about this. Just enter your user name, your password, then go check your email and reply to the confirmation email. You could even enter your user name and password every time you launched the program after the 24 hour unlock.

Right, so I gave my oppinion, but I don't believe I like my own oppinion now. It'd just cause headaches like options 2 and 3 would, and even if all of the conditions were checked, you could still just reenter the user name and password you had for another full day. And a lot of games won't keep on lasting much longer than a day for some people.