Hi Thomas,

I know that you and I have a totally different method of programming etc.  You
know like I like to program in the VB6 IDE.  So I do not use Note Pad or any
other text editor for writing my code.  I write it in the VB6 IDE and then test
run it right off.  And I use HJ Pad for writing EEmail because it has a spell
checker.  But I can see that the editor programs that you mentioned would
definitely have advantages if you needed to know indents etc for your
programming code.  The only thing is, I definitely need a spell checker for
Email, but I have found them to be totally impractical for programming even
inVB6 because of the in aimed variable names, VB6 commands etc.  And I find
that having the VB6 IDE open and then some old code open in Note Pad to copy
and paste bits of code works very well for me.  But again VB6 doesn't demand
special indents etc.  I imagine that a spell checker would have even more
problems with all of the special syntax etc of programming languages that have
so much special punctuation etc rather than English words like VB6 has.

I very much miss that, in dos Jaws had a feature where it would report row and
column.  I could then be confident that the text that I was putting on the
screen was formatted correctly and all lined up nicely.  But in windows rows
and columns are all relevant because the window can open anywhere on the screen
with any number of other windows open, and thus all of the spacing is relevant.
 So I am not confident with putting text on the screen in windows.  Well other
than the MSG and Input boxes that VB6 offers.

So, to rap up, I do not find a need for the elaborate text editor programs that
you recommend, but I find it works for me to program right in the VB6 IDE.  But
if I were to be writing code in a text editor for other programming languages,
I bet that I would find a need for the options in the text editor programs that
you are talking about and recommending.

TGIF and BFN

    Jim

I like Visual Basic 6.0 because I can not C.

j...@kitchensinc.net
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA