If your learning code, its ok for some console work.
But its limitation in features and file size make it a none tool for the big coding jobs. Tom is right go with ultra edit or text pad. they both are for coding and have good features.
At 10:40 PM 1/13/2011, you wrote:
Hi,
Considering the fact that we're looking for a basic text editor I'd like to
know w why notepad is so "horrible"

Best Regards,
Hayden

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Kai
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 1:14 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] BGT problem!

Greetings.

It does work like that; In your text editor, you write a line of code, write

a semicolon if applicable, then hit enter to "break a line" (which means to
start a new line).

Notepad is horrible. You should consider giving something like UltraEdit,
TextPal, or (my personal favourite) Metapad a try.

BGT's actually a nice, straightforward scripting language. Things could be
worse: you could be having to deal with Python which uses spacing as a code
delimiter.

UltraEdit (RegExp capable):
http://www.ultraedit.com/

TextPal:
http://www.empowermentzone.com/palsetup.exe

NoteTab (RegExp capable):
http://www.notetab.com/

Metapad:
http://liquidninja.com/metapad/

Round-up of code-friendly text editors (not guaranteed to be accessible):
http://www.balkhis.com/web-designs-resources/15-outstanding-free-text-editor
s-for-designers-coders/

Kai