Funnily enough Tom, I've tried eloquence with hal, and found it no faster than orphius, ---- though to me it sounds infinitely worse.

This may just be because Hal has been running with orphius for years while eloquence support is comparatively new (it was only added in version ten).

I can't say anything about Orphius running with sapi, sinse these days it doesn't appear in the voice selection list, and back in the days when it did I always got an error when trying to use it for some reason (one reason I got realspeak daniel instead).

Beware the grue!

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2011 9:20 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] eloquence was, Re: Screen reader support in BGT

Hi Dark,

Well, the general argument in favor of Eloquence is that it is
responsive. Which is certainly true. That's the one and only reason I
purchased Eloquence for Linux to work with Orca. Its voice quality is
crap, but it is responsive and doesn't lag the way the Cepstral, AT&T
Voices, and other nore natural sounding voices do. Of course, the same
holds true for ESpeak as well, and it is free.

Smile.