Just jumping here to say that the compatibility with newer windows versions is
pretty much the only good point from that list.  As long as the game includes
the legacy DirectX libs, there really isn't a problem though.

The c-style syntax argument is only valid if the person doesn't already know
other languages and is looking to learn them down the road.  I would imagine
most, if not all, of the game developers here who aren't using BGT have
experience using a few languages.

If a developer is using Visual basic 6.0 then why would they care about its
availability for purchase?  Clearly they already have it if they are using it.

When it comes to writing wrappers for SAPI, direct sound, direct input,
networking, and such, there isn't an issue either.  If a developer is
comfortable writing that code themselves, then more power to them I say.  Not
everyone likes having things done for them, and a person who has opted to code
in a straight language has probably done so because they want to be more
independent.

I'm not looking to jump into a flame war, but I personally hate when people try
to push programming languages onto other developers.  Over the years every time
I used a different language I ran into someone who seemed personally offended
that I wasn't using some Other language.  When using VB I had people upset that
I wasn't using C++, when I did projects in C++ someone would argue I was stupid
for not using C-sharp.  The Java nuts didn't want me using C-sharp and the
Objective-C mac followers didn't want me using Java!  It never frikin ends and
no one seems to understand that the languages have survived because they all
have their own advantages and disadvantages.  In the end it all gets converted
into machine code anyways, so spend more time focusing on the end product
rather than the language the guy used to make it please.