Hi Hayden,

To be honest I just think some people are lazy. They dont want to take
the time to do
  int myVariable = 0;
which would properly initialize an integer variable in most C-style
languages and would rather just create a variable on the fly like
  myVariable = 0
rather than taking the extra time to properly initialize it. I've been
programming long enough now that declaring my variables is like second
nature. I don't even think about not doing it.

Smile.