To: <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2011 12:29 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] commercials in jim's baseball game

On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 10:29:44AM -0500, Thomas Ward wrote:
Sad but true. I think one of the reasons commercials were better back
in the early days of television is simply because the major television
networks CBS, NBC, ABC, etc gave each company a 30 second time slot to
say there piece and be done with it.

[My Reply:]
Yeah, a good third of the time allotted for commercials is now
1/3rd on some stations.  I was watching Smallville with a sighted
friend, because he would describe the action to me.  While he was
sitting there, telling me what was going on in the show, I was still
watching commercials, the station I was watching having chopped a good 7
minutes out of the program.  After that, I simply stopped watching,
wrote a nasty letter to the station, and never looked back.  Now I don't
watch TV at all.

Michael

--
Linux User: 177869 *#* Powered By: Intel *#* http://rivensight.dyndns.org