ofcause the other thing people have forgotten is the fact that us blinks can't afford the real expensive stuff.
Lets see 1400 for a good laptop, 1300 for software upgrades.
now 200 for some good sterio headsets.
another 40 for a crappy but servicable headset mic.
oh and 50 bucks for some ok speakers with 2.1.
maybe 30 for a standard mouse for playing games.
And hmm another 30 for a keyboard so I don't smash my keyboard.
Right thats it.
As you can see thats probably the basics.
There is not much more over budjet I can go.
This doesn't include the extra 1500 spent on the main upgrades of the systems here, the 600 odd for the recorder I have, and the 30 bucks for extra cabling.
and the 200 extra for the router.
staggered ofcause.
Now, realise its taken me about 5 years to get all these.
Now console gaming?
Um not possable.
5 years to just the basics maybe a couple 10 buck mics and headphone sets for general purpose away from the system use.
Oh maybe 120 for a new board because I made it die.
and now after getting the pcs all updated to various new and newish speeds the router will be on its way out after my screenreader upgrade.
Here is another 200 for that.
Oh and while you are on that lets make my cd player die, and make the moniter decide it needs replacement.
Another 300.
Then look at the tv, its dieing it needs repolacing.
Then the printer its on the fritz again.
After all that taking another 2 years, it is probably going to be time to upgrade one of the systems. Lets see my laptop may die at that point or the second desktop unit or the main external drive I use every day.
And so it goes on.
And while thats not every day and n not for the fact that win7 was given to us as part of my brother's uni studdies it would have cost a lot more.
There is no cash for anything else.
At the beginning of each year I keep saying, if nothing happens this year, I will buy another audio game or 2.
lets see 50+30 is 80 doubled that 140.
Ok, maybe not one of them maybe.
ANd thats previding I don't loose the router entirely which its been threatening to do for a while.
I don't mean to be flaming or anything but its not that easy.
I'd like nothing at all but to just sit down all day on my fat behind with a 500 leter bottle of coke, an infinate supply of chips and chocolate, beverages and stuff. Not give a fag about what is happening or when I die or get fat or life in general and play games. I could but well I don't even have the cash to afford much more than 1-2 basic items a year.
And I am still at home.
Now when I leave, its probably going to be really bad.
No broadband for instance.
no new systems etc.
nothing much in fact.
Be lucky you can buy mainstreams at all.
You obviously have the cash to squonder and burn.
You can obviously afford to sit down with an infinate supply of drink and food in your game world. I think a lot of us me included don't have this privilage though we would like to.