just do a level 1 attack. that helps with the recovery frames. distance is also a determining factor. if you're too far away and try to FA, you'll get spammed even worse since they can toss more projectiles at you while you're recovering. however if you cover up some distance during initial volley, you'll have a better chance to retaliate. and yeah, gouken is definitely tricky. specially if you get hit with fully charged fireballs. not fun as you most likely found out lol

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 12, 2011 5:23 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] more SF action

I know about focusses... but the problem with them is right after you absorb one, they can hit you with another. That's why you don't see them done very often. Especially if you let the focus follow through... there's a huge time for recovery. And jump-ins don't work on Gouken... his fireball can go on angles.