I got past him twice. The last two I just wasn't as aware as my situation and lost track. lol. And the problem with defend with an FA is the fact that even with a level one... there's still a hit that comes out. The only way to cancel it is to FADC, and while that works well, Gouken especially can do his senku goshoha and dash across the screen to palm you. That's why I like Guy's hazanto attack... it goes through projectiles.