On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 12:30:03PM -0500, Thomas Ward wrote:
> and so I tried to describe a diamond. I know what one looks like in my
> head, but trying to describe it in words is harder than it looks.

[My Reply:]

        I would describe them as a facetted, colorless, transparent
jewel, resembling glass, but with a higher degree of light refraction.
That's for the visual description.  For the tactile description, I would
describe it as a facetted, cone-shaped stone with sharp edges.  The fact
that the pointed end of the cone is usually the botton is
inconsequential, unless the stone is prised from it's jewelry setting.
I have no idea as to what kind of sound they make when dropped on a hard
surface, whether ringing, clicking, or thumping in nature, but I would
assume they clicked rather than rang.

                                Michael

--
Linux User:     177869 # Powered By: Intel # http://rivensight.dyndns.org