Hi,

Well, to be honest that is a major thing that put me off Harry Potter
fan fics for a long time. I was grabbing them off of generic fan fic
websites and there was no attempt to edit or correct spelling errors,
grammar errors, and people screwing up the names outright. That's why
now days if I want a particular fan fic weather it is Tomb Raider,
Harry Potter, Star Wars I try to go to places that moderate the fan
fiction and edit it before posting. That's why I like the Sugar Quill
because they do a decent job of making sure only decent stuff gets
posted to the archives rather than just anyone's fan fiction. I don't
mind deviating from the cannon so much as that the text is well
written and doesn't look like a second grader wrote it.

Cheers!