Hi Louis,

Best of luck. That sounds like a fairly decent solution. It is one
I've strongly considered myself as C-Sharp and Mono makes a great
combo for cross-platform development. Although, there are a few
accessibility issues you might want to be aware of.

On Windows there is no accessibility problems because Mono wraps the
Windows API just like the Dotnet Framework does. On Linux if you have
a graphical application you will have to make sure you use the GTk.net
packages in order to wrap the Gnome GTK+ API for maximum accessibility
for Gnone and Orca. I haven't confirmed this, but I've heard that
VoiceOver doesn't work well with GUI apps written for Mono on Mac OS.

The other issue I'd strongly consider if I were you is security. If
you ever decide to go commercial with your games you will have to
invest in some security tools like Dotfuscator in order to obfuscate
the MSIL binaries so hackers can't hack and crack the binaries. One of
the biggest complaints right now with Microsoft .NET and Mono is that
in order to maintain cross-platform portability it has extremely weak
security for commercial developers.

Those complaints aside though I think Mono is a great choice if you
want quick and easy cross-platform portability. I've written a few
simple games of the Space Invader variety using Mono and SDL .NET, and
it was great being able just to install and play it without even
recompiling. At one time I was considering this before I decided to
switch to C++.

Cheers!