Hi Shaun and all,

If you have the Microsoft .NET Framework installed and up to date it
can easily run applications written with Monodevelop. Mono is nothing
more and nothing less than an open source implamentation of C# .NET
and the .Net Framework for Mac and Linux developed by
mono-project.org. Obviously, if you already have the original .Net
Framework for Windows, which comes by default with Vista and Windows
7, there is no need for the open source .Net Framework too.

Cheers!