Funny, I mostly prefer the griek names, eg, Zeus instead of Jupiter, and Athena instead of Minerva, but Cerberus seems to be the exception as to me it sounds far more evil than Kerberos.

I suspect this is why Rick Riorden in the Percy Jaxon series does exactly the same thing, using cerberus even though he uses griek names for everything else, ---- eg Hades rather than pluto, and sinse he's reputedly a professor of mythology and the books areactually pretty complete on their myth background (one of imho the best things about them), I suspect this is just artistic freedom too.

Beware the grue!

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 1:43 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients Beta 18 Released!

Hi Hayden,

I decided to use the latain name Cerberus instead of Kerberos because
a lot of people kept asking me what is Kerberos or insisted I was
spelling it wrong even though both are correct. I decided to simply do
away with a little authentisity in order to use the commonly used name
for that particular creature. Call it a public relations decision.

Hi Thomas,
Aw come on. Lol...why should I give my enemies a chance to win? <Grin>
Just tried it; it's awesome. The timed locks and the analogue jumping make
things way more challenging, in fact the lever at the bottom of the first
rope was tricky; I thought I had not pulled it already whenI found the door
to the ledges was locked. I believe someone mentioned the running jump?
Well--it's a "running" jump. So you will run about two steps before you
bound into the air. Thomas, just one more question--why do we now have
cereberus and not Kerberos?

Best Regards,
Hayden