Hi,

I simply rewrote the game from scratch. Its a small game so it didn't
actually take that long to do. I just looked at what I did in Python
and used it as a sort of template for the rewrite in C++. Obviously, I
didn't just convert the code directly from one to the other.

As for being open source the game is still open source. You still will
get the source code along with the binary. If you install the Windows
version you'll get the Windows version of the source code. If you
install the Linux version you'll get the Linux source code as well. I
haven't yet started looking for someone to do the Mac port, but I
don't think it will be difficult to recompile it on Mac using the
Linux source since they are fairly cross-platform compatible.

HTH