Hi Dark,

Yeah, basically what I'm thinking of doing is using a stats system
similar to an RPG game were each wrestler has basic stats like
agility, strength, endurance, luck, whatever that determines how much
of a beating he or she can stand before they can be pinned or submit
to a submission hold or how much of a beating they can dish out to an
an aposing wrestler. Something like strength is pretty
self-explanitory. How much strength a wrestler has will help him/her
pull off body slams, suplexes, and any other takedown that requires
upper body strength. Somebody like Hulk Hogan obviously has a high
strength rating as he has a proven record of slamming big monsters
like Andre the Giant, King Kong Bundy, and Big Show. Guys wwith weight
well over 400 pounds plus. However, not everyone has that high a
strength rating and somebody like Jim Duggan might not be able to pull
off a body takedown like a slam and will have to resort to agility and
use somethinglike a single leg takedown or double leg takedown to try
and use the wrestler's weight against him to drop him/her to the
matt.In other words use moves like leg takedowns and arm drags that
work against the person you are wrestling because the heavier he/she
is the easier his/her weight will count against them. So this stats
system will definitely add a strategy element to your game.

Then, each wrestler will have a skill set. There are a handful of
basic skills such as arial, brawling, dirty, submission, technical,
etc that will determine what kinds of moves your wrestler can do.

For example, If your wrestler is a face, a good guy, his dirty skill
rating will either be 0 or very low. Meaning if you try a dirty move
you might end up getting disqualified from a match, because face
wrestlers aren't suppose to cheet. However, if you are playing a heel,
a bad guy, he might have a high dirty skill rating and can get away
with chokes, eye pokes, face rakes, or using a foreign object as a
weapon when the reff's attention is focussed on the manager or
somewhere else but the match. That's cheating, but that's usually how
heel wrestlers play. They play dirty and mean.

However, in the main you'll want to select a skill set of legal moves
you can use often. Someone like "Macho Man" Randy Savage is an arial
fighter. His trademark skills are areial type moves like flying elbos,
knees off the second rope, flying dropkicks, are legendary in the WWE.
So if you were playing Randy Savage his highest skills would be in the
arial/high flying moves. Of course, they are high risk moves because
if the aponent isn't stunned before you try a move like that those
moves can backfire by landing on the matt face first with nobody home,
land on a guys raised knees, or get caught in mid air and body slammed
to the matt for your effort. That's exactly what happened in Wendi
Richter's title match with Lani Kai.

For example, in the now legendary 1985 Wrestlemania match between
women's champion, Lani Kai, and challenger, Wendi Richter, Lani Kai
made a huge tactical mistake in the ring.  She thought Wendi Richter
was stunned, so she climbed to the top rope, and tried to pull off her
trademark move, the flying splash, and it backfired. While in mid air
Wendi Richter caught Lani, and used her own momentum to turn her
flying splash into a huge powerslam to the mat. While she was stunned
Wendi Richter pinned Lani Kai and won the WWF Women's championship for
the second time. So that's an example of how a high risk arial move
can go horrably wrong in the heat of action before you know what hit
you.

As I said before this game will definitely require stratagey. You have
to learn how to play to your wrestler's advantages, skills, without
ending up like poor Miss Lani Kai in the process. If you are playing
an arial fighter you might want to have a secondary skill like
brawling just to beat down the aponent, wear them out, before trying
any kind of high risk arial moves.

Cheers!