Hi Florian,

Well, the problem with text scrolling off the screen is actually to do
with the game itself not with scare or the Adrift runner. There is a
tag developer is suppose to use to prevent this issue called the
<waitkey> tag but some developers, especially those who use the Adrift
runner itself, often fail to do this. They usually assume you can
scroll using the mouse and tend to do that than properly tag the
message to stop before it scrolls off screen. So there isn't much we
can do but contact the developer and let him/her know that the text is
scrolling off screen and nicely ask him/her to update the game using
the <waitkey> tag so only x number of lines are shown at a time.

As for Jaws scripting that's not something i can explain by e-mail.
Jaws has scripting classes you can take that will give you
professional training how to do that. I myself learned it on my own
just by looking at their scripts and figuring out how it works. Since
I was a computer science student at the time with some computer
programming experience behind me I was able to train myself. You may
or may not be able to do it the way I did it.

That said maybe you can try a simplar approach by using frames or
something like that. I did something similar in Window-Eyes by using a
user window that announces the text every time it changes on screen.
I'm pretty sure the Jaws frame manager has a similar functionality.

Cheers!