I did admin jobs there and was friendly with the local admin.
I was told the systems were for work and loaded them on anyway, but then I was friends with the admin and it was alowed.
I have learned after I left things got quite strict there though so who knows.

At 01:36 p.m. 29/04/2011, you wrote:
I was asked to try to get some blind people who frequently visited a center for the blind interested in audio games. I agreed. So I took some games, copied onto a CD, to the center and was going to install them onto their computers that the people were allowed to use during the week and on Saturdays. I was told that I could not do that because these were computers for business! use! only! I asked how these people are going to get interested in games that they cannot try out? The answer was, "Well, don't you have them on your computer? You could bring your computer here, play the games while explaining what you're doing, then invite them to your house instead of having them come here on a Saturday, couldn't you?" My answer, in great disgust, was a flat! out! no! It really made me disgusted, because the man that ran the center was totally blind himself. He would not install any games on his computer, either, because it, too was supposedly for business only.

---
Laughter is the best medicine, so look around, find a dose and take it to heart.
To: "Thomas Ward" <Gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2011 4:44 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] The importance of patronage

Hi Thomas,

I have talked with people who told me that they had been told that since BSVI bought their computer that they were not allowed to put games on it. So it may not be the individuals but some of the rehab people telling them such things. But I do know of other rehab councilors that put my games on the clients computers.

BFN

    Jim

Don't ever argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
j...@kitchensinc.net
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA