Hi Clement,

Ah, sorry I misunderstood you. Yeah, I thought you meant write a
beat-m-up and then convert the idea to an FPS or something like that.
That obviously wouldn't be ideal as I've done it once for MOTA, and
definitely wouldn't want to go through that again. :D

Anyway, I certainly understand your logic of perhaps developing a
variety of Star Wars games ranging from the simple beat-m-up to more
complex FPS games I think that I can do much better than that
personally. After all, the main purpose I have invested so much time
as well in money developing my Genesis 3D engine is so that I could
create high performance FPS games on par with mainstream games. You
know, even something like Jedi Knight, which was released 15 years
ago, would be a vast leap forward as far as accessible games goes.
Shades of Doom, while advanced in terms of accessible games goes,
doesn't quite go far enough in advancing accessible FPS gaming with
full 3d elements, complex attacks, and full scale 3d levels.
Basically, what I'm saying is I think if I do it it should be with the
intent to imitate mainstream games like Jedi knight rather than fall
back upon a less safisticated format/design.

As far as Darth Bane goes I've read some of the books in that series,
but haven't really considered any games in that particular era. I
suppose the main reason is given the limited number of enemies in that
series, and by then Darth Bane had created the law of two in order to
hide the Sith from Jedi attention. In order to design a game in that
particular era, about 1,000 years before A New Hope, I'd probably have
to write it from the perspective of Darth Bane. That certainly would
be interesting fighting the Galactic Republic from the Sith point of
view rather than fighting the Sith from the Jedi point of view.