Hi Charles,

Yeah, I think you kind of did. Last time I checked the Nextup.com site
all of the Scansoft voices they had for sale said specifically for use
with Text Aloud, Weather Aloud, News Aloud, and so on. I wouldn't want
someone to buy that version thinking they could use it with game x
only to figure out it doesn't work because they aren't strictly
speaking SAPI 5 voices, but are proprietary to those specific
products.

In fact, I made a similar mistake last year. I purchased Accapela
Heather thinking I could use it with Window-Eyes, Jaws, as well as my
games and e-mailed Nextup asking why it wasn't working. They explained
I had purchased the version specifically designed for Text Aloud not a
Sapi 5 version. I ended up having to pay quite a bit extra to get
Accapela Heather v2.2 for Windows that wasn't proprietary. So now I am
a lot more careful of what voices I buy from Nextup.com now and check
if voice x is Text Aloud specific or is actually a SAPI 5 voice.

Cheers!