Hi Tom not sure how I'd do that, for one thing torrent sites don't seem very blind-friendly and for another thing I don't want to harm my computer. Maybe there's a jaws 8 cd on Ebey or someething I could find, will have to check it out. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com> To: "Charles Rivard" <woofer...@sbcglobal.net>; "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 5:58 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Scansoft voices

Hi Charles,

No, the Scansoft voices Nextup.com sell are not Sapi 5 compatible.
Those will work with, and only with, their products like Text Aloud,
Weather Aloud, News Aloud, etc. There is no such thing as a generic
Sapi 5 version of the Scansoft voices any more. For whatever reason
Nuance has decided to change the way those voices are licensed and
they are now sold with or designed for a specific product like Jaws,
Text Aloud, etc and that means if you want to use Scansoft Tom, for
instance, you have to buy a copy for each and every software product
you use. You can't just buy a generic version of Tom and use it with
everything any longer. Unfortunately, if someone wants a generic Sapi
5 version he/she has to obtain it illegally via a torrent etc.

I think it is

www.nextup.com

HTH