josh, try putting them in the program files folder the standard folder.
If this does still not work, install all the stuff including winkit in the root or the c drive in your username folder make a folder called kitchensinc and load that there.
It sounds like you are using a 64bit os.
I hav not got a 64bit os but its possible that the files for vb are not going in the right place syswow 64 is where all 64 bit system files go and system32 is where 32 bit files go. Again this is only from what I get off the lists since although I have the ability to run a 64 bit os I don't have a 64 bit os right now. I am not sure but you really should try to get some sort of windows emulator for the games. Failing that if you can get win xp 32 bit or win 7 32 bit and try that it may work.
I am not sure if you can emulate windows environments from a mac but still.