hmm uac is for security I think I will use the install programs in a folder on my account.
For one thing it means they will run.
for another no one can access my stuff.
At 10:49 a.m. 5/07/2011, you wrote:
Hi.
It's possible there are problems related to that, but it also works well if everything is right. I have a Toshiba and an HP both of which run 7 x64 and I can run any of the Kitchens Inc games with no problems at all.

Jim I think someone already mentioned this, but Josh can try putting your games in his documents folder or somewhere similarly associated directly with his user account and running them from there to see if that works better. He can also hit the context key on the .exe file for your game and choose troubleshoot compatibility. If he messes around in there long enough I'm banking he'll probably get it to go.

Me I run with UAC turned completely off. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone though, I'm just saying that might be part of what is making things work nicer for me than perhaps others. Putting the games in the documents folder might possibly help to get around the problems UAC can introduce with older programs that aren't aware of how to operate in a UAC environment. As it is, I have a program or two which are older and not maintained but which I use very often. Also those programs need to run from the program files folder instead of program files x86 even though they aren't x64 programs. Me personally I keep on having problems where UAC has a weird way of blocking things from happening inside the program files folder but doesn't prompt me the user to allow it. What ends up happening is sort of cleaver, but it's very annoying and hard to work around. The files changed by the program in question appear only for that program. Indeed if you open a fie inside program files with a program and then save it, you get another copy of that file which that program will be the only one that can access. You can't even find it if you go to windows explorer. I worked for a couple of days trying to work around this and he best solutions were running the program as admin which brings up a UAC prompt every time you start the program or turning UAC all the way off which is what I have done. At least I haven't got large piles of sensetive data on my computer and I have an easy way to restore it as I have already had to do once. I still run security essentials and keep the windows firewal turned on at least.

Sent with Thunderbird 3.1.11 portable. Enough 1s?