From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of shaun everiss
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 2:27 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] I'm Leaving the List

James north made some big mistakes though.
The preorder thing was one of these things.
Having and then not meeting deadlines was another.
That was inexperience on his part but then we had never had  any
experience with this sort of thing.
Mostly most of us are ok.
There are a small few that would mangle things but its not that bad.
If you view this as a vertual world we have a few issues, wars, etc.
This is just a small one of these.
If we are lucky tom will come back, it will blow over and it will be good.
We have been at peace for at least 2-3 years maybe more maybe 10 or
more or less at least 5, we will have more again.
I have lost interest in mota myself but thats mainly due to the fact
with my schedual and stuff I have really not had enough time to
master the jumping systems.
Pluss with the latest bits and bobs  its a bit complex.
In fairness tom is trying to make stuff that noone has.
That essentually means he is on his own with the new ways.
Ok, Though I have a few issues.
I have never mentioned them but since this seems to be a time to pour
out our rages I will.
I dislike, no strongly dislike the fact that after getting a working
system out for audio and things, that tom had to change things so much.
Ok, I was not against the changes, technically these made sence, we
need to keep updated with new technologies, its just the way of the
universe.
However to chop and change engines, libraries etc especially when you
have taken on a project or 2 which are not your own, and then trying
to make a multiplatform engine is probably not the best when you have
everything working for you.
For example, beta 15 of mota was quite stable.
ANd I'd have probably left everything alone at least till v1 of the
game came out then worked on trying to update things.
All the hastles and issues, especially after the issues with sound in
beta 14 and issues with crashes in beta 16.
maybe tom was doing to much at once.
I know my limits and I know if I do 400 things at once I probably
would forget some of those.
I often did when I did pascal and javascript programming.
I'd frequently forget to to put capitals on var for instance or
forget a output command or a variable.

-----
No virus found in this message.